After eating my home-made french toast, my mom’s boyfriend says “Okay, you guys, what I’m about to say really comes from my heart. I’ve had a lot of french toast my entire life, but THAT tops them all. I was covered in chill bumps literally because it was so good!” My mom’s boyfriend NEVER compliments my food like that. But I agree, this french toast is seriously the most amazing food you will ever put in your mouth. And once you try it, you will never want any other kind of french toast ever again. The credit goes to my wonderful mother because she is who I learned the recipe from. I’ll share it with you guys so you can do yourselves a favor and try it out. It literally takes no more than 15 minutes when serving just yourself, and you can make as many as you want!
- 6 slices of bread
- 3-4 eggs
- 2 cap-fulls of pure vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Pancake Syrup
- Beat all the eggs in a small bowl. Pour in the vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip bread in egg batter, covering both sides entirely.
- Place in skillet to cook until both sides are golden brown and egg is cooked through.
- Do this for all pieces of bread and keep covered on plate to keep hot.
- When ready to eat place each piece of bread on the serving plates.
- Sprinkle desired amount of sugar, then cinnamon, and syrup last.
- TA-DA! Perfect, easy and tasty french toast! Cut it in strips or bite sized pieces if you like.