Okay, I’ve never really baked any kind of sweet dish other than a Betty Crocker cake. Nor have I ever baked anything from scratch. While browsing the internet, I came across some delicious breakfast recipes, and found one that satisfied my cravings. Its called cinnamon banana bread and I got it off of the land-o-lakes brand website. Here’s the recipe and a few pictures of how my very first homemade baking experience turned out:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread
- 2 Eggs
- 2 ripe (1 cup) bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 8×4-inch loaf pan; set aside.
2. Combine sugar, 1/2 cup Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread and eggs in large bowl.
3. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
4. Reduce speed to low; add bananas and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
5. Stir in all remaining ingredients until just mixed.
8. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire cooling rack. Cool completely.
9. Serve with additional Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread, if desired.
This bread was as soft and savory as the vanilla loaf cakes you buy at Walmart or any grocery store that has a bakery. It was so delicious, I’m going to start making something like this once a month for breakfast. (: