This time I’ve decided to make some bread that has nuts in it. I got this Walnut Banana Bread Recipe off the land-o-lakes website (They have great recipes you should check out!). It takes 15 minutes to prepare, 1 hour to bake, and another hour to cool. Although fresh home-made bread always tastes better the next day after it’s cooled completely. I made my last loaf of bread at night so it would be ready in the morning, which turned out great, so I’m doing it again this time around. Also, I am going to remix this recipe because I don’t have walnuts. Instead, I’m using pecans, which taste just as good!
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium (1 cup) bananas, mashed
- ½ tspn. vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (*pecans)
- ½ tspn. baking soda
- ½ tspn. salt
- ¼ tspn. ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sugar, butter and eggs in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low; add banana and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured 8×4-inch loaf pan. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan. Place onto wire cooling rack. Cool completely.