This is my all-time favorite dish in the entire word. I could eat this stuff any time of the day every day forever. It was love at first taste, and it has been ever since I was a tot. I got this recipe originally from my baby’s daddy’s aunt when I first tried it at one of their family get togethers for the Holidays. I LOVED her macaroni & cheese so much I went back for seconds. YES – in front of everybody! I had to get her recipe. So I did, and then I looked online at a few other homemade macaroni&cheese recipes to see how other people made it. I took a little of this recipe, a little of that one and through it together with the recipe I got from his aunt. So I guess you could call this my own recipe, but those are just my notes to you guys on where the idea originated from. For my dish I used twice the ingredients so I could make twice as much and have PLENTY of leftovers for lunch. This is one of those dishes that are great as leftovers for these days that I’m so big and pregnant, the last thing I want to do is stand in the kitchen making dinner every night.
- 1 (8 oz.) package macaroni
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 2 qt. baking dish.
- Cook macaroni in salted boiling water as directed.
- Whisk eggs (first), then add milk and corn starch. Mix until well blended.
- Add butter and cheese to macaroni. Stir until well combined.
- Add milk mixture, gradually.
- Spoon into greased baking dish after everything is mixed well.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until milk is evaporated and top is golden brown.