This BBQ Chicken Sandwich really is the definition of Traditional Southern Cooking. It was so delicious I felt like I ordered it from a BBQ restaurant or something! The side served with this delicious sandwich was my own special homemade potato salad. Here’s how I made it:
BBQ Chicken Sandwich Ingredients:
- Package of thawed chicken (however much you want to make)
- BBQ Sauce (Your favorite and however much will satisfy your BBQ taste buds)
- 1 can chicken broth
- Hamburger buns
- Pickles (optional)
- In a slow cooker, pour the chicken broth and cook the chicken in it on the 8 hour low setting. It will not take an entire 8 hours to cook, but probably 5 or 6.
- Once cooked, Remove any skin and bone if you did not use skinless and boneless chicken.
- Shred chicken using 2 forks.
- In a large bowl mix chicken with however much BBQ sauce you like. I will let you be the judge.
- Put a generous amount on your hamburger buns and eat away! I personally like to toast my bread and add pickles. But you make it however you like!
Potato Salad Ingredients:
- 4 large russet potatoes
- ½ onion
- Handful dill pickle chips
- 6-8 hard-boiled eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and dice the potatoes. The smaller the potato pieces the shorter time it takes for them to cook.
- Cook them in a pot of boiling salted water for about 10 minutes no longer. You want the potatoes to be soft but not too soft otherwise they will turn to mush.
- Boil eggs in pot of water for ten minutes after the water starts to boil.
- Drain potatoes and cool eggs before peeling.
- Chop the onion and pickles in a food processor. Then chop up the hard boiled eggs. You can remove the yolk if you like.
- Throw all ingredients in a large bowl. Add enough mustard and mayo to your liking and there you have it: homemade potato salad!