As tasteful as fast food can be at times, I really REALLY dislike it for several reasons of which I don’t have too much time time to explain. But every now and then I do crave something, fast, fattening and cheap! I’m a huge fan of Mexican food so my first pick is always Taco Bell. They have a delicious menu item called the crunchwrap supreme and it is literally heaven in your mouth-seriously, it’s that good. Well I always prefer to learn how to make my own dishes from scratch so that I know what is actually being put into my food and make sure nothing is dropped on the floor and then put back on my sandwich/taco (I have witnessed this when I worked at Wendy’s, by a manager at that!). Anyways, I found the perfect recipe to make an exact replica of the delicious meal! I even added my own favorable ingredient to make it even more uniquely delicious. Here’s the recipe for you to try:
- Large Flour Tortillas burrito style
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- sour cream
- guacamole (optional)
- shredded cheese or nacho cheese
- tortilla chips (you could use use a corn tortilla)
- corn (optional)
- Brown ground beef in a skillet, add the packet of taco seasoning and stir until mixed well. Cook for another minute or so. For those of you who would like to add corn, boil the corn for ten minutes, let cool, cut kernels off cob with knife, separate kernels using a fork and mix with your ground beef.
- Microwave the tortillas for a few seconds just to warm them up, it will make the wrapping easier.
- Take a tortilla, spread some sour cream in the center.Top with ground beef.
- Top with shredded cheese or a few scoops of nacho cheese.
- Next add a layer of tortilla chips or at this point you would add a small corn tortilla like a tostada size.
- Top with lettuce and tomato and then starting on the bottom, fold up the tortilla toward the center, continue all the way around until it is all folded over, it WON’T cover it completely.
- Carefully lift it up and set it fold side down on a non stick pan. Press with a spatula and cook until nice and brown, flip it over and cook the other side. It won’t take long at all.
- Serve with extra sour cream and guac if you rock! ;D