Per a request from a favorite facebook friend, I would like to share this homemade churro recipe. I actually copied it from a fellow blogger, but unfortunately I can’t find the link to her blog. But here’s my version based on what i can remember since i made these weeks ago.
- Loaf of white bread
- Rolling pin
- 8 oz. Cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioner sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Whip a thick icing using the cream cheese and confectioner sugar.
- Using the rolling pin, flatten all the pieces of bread excluding the ends.
- Spread the desired amount of cream cheese on the entire pieces of bread.
- Roll the bread up like a burrito.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl evenly.
- Dip the rolled churros in the butter and then roll them in the sugar.
- Bake on nonstick baking sheet at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.