This recipe was nothing short of perfectly delicious. It is the perfect breakfast to savor that sweet tooth craving you desire. It was so soft and moist it reminded me of pound cake, but better! It’s also really easy to make, although it takes a little bit of time to bake and cool before you can actually eat it. My suggestion to you is that you do NOT grease the pan with any of those baking sprays! They are not only very VERY bad for you, but they stink, they make your food taste bad, and they burn the outside of everything you make with it! I’ve used it 3 times times and it never fails, so never again. I used butter and it still burned but just a little bit, where you could barely taste it. Next time I will use butter AND flour to perfect my baking skills and my food. (:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (I left this out and used salted butter instead)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of melted butter (I would not microwave it! Just boil a pot of water, stick the butter in a glass measuring cup and set it in the hot water until butter is melted. It will take no more than 5 minutes and its healthier because microwaves radiate your food!)
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (I used 3/4 of a cup, because well..extra chocolate!)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Take a bowl and whisk together 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda (and 1/4 salt if you used this instead of salted butter).
- In another bowl whisk together 2 eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 cup melted butter and the 3 mashed bananas. *You don’t have to use a whisk, actually using a whisk would be more difficult to clean and the clumps will get stuck in between the metal pieces. A fork will do just fine. Gradually add the flour mixture. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Grease 9.5 x 5.5 in. loaf pan with butter and flour (not too much, just enough to cover the bottom and sides) and pour in your mixture. Bake 50-60 until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Bread will be golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool in pan for about 30 minutes. Remove from pan, place on cooling rack and cool completely before slicing. *I leave my bread in the pan to save dish washing and let it cool completely over night so it’s ready to eat in the morning. I usually cook bread the night before just for this reason.